Letters Home

letters.home

I've been back since Sunday night. Jeff and all the kids came to the airport, waited in the pull through for me. I walked out and immediately saw our van but at the same time walked right past my Nicolas, who was waiting for me at the door to help with my suitcase (don't get excited, Jeff made him do it). My subconscious mind knew that was my son in my peripheral vision, but I ignored it because my son isn't that tall. Or he wasn't when I left 10 days prior. Sigh. I got all the expected screams and squeals from the rest in the car, a sea of arms reaching out for a hug, and each got theirs, one at a time. Roman was excited but did not want a hug or a kiss, and even pushed me away. Strapped into his carseat, he pointed to the front passenger seat very earnestly "Mommy, sit down! Sit down right there! Bye Daddy! Mommy sit down!" He wanted nothing to do with affection, or hugs, or kisses, there was no time for that, he'd finally found me and wanted me right where I belonged immediately. Having me stand next to the car in the parking lot (even smooching him) was much too tenuous with questionable results of how it might end. I couldn't have guessed this welcome from Roman, but embraced the reminder of where I do indeed belong.

I have so much more to share from my trip, and have been spinning lots of plates since my return. Writing letters home was one of my favorite parts of the trip actually. A different color envelope for each of my loves. And sending you postcards was pretty fun too.

More soon, enjoy your weekend friends,
xoxoAnna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)